LAVENDER - (Lavandula angustifolia)
Lavender is the most versatile of all essential oils. Therapeutic-grade lavender has been highly regarded for the skin. Lavender has been clinically evaluated for its relaxing effects. It may be used to cleanse cuts, bruises and skin irritations. The fragrance is calming, relaxing and balancing -- physically and emotionally.
1. Rub it on your feet for calming effect.
2. Rub on your pillow to help you sleep.
3. Put a drop on a bee sting or insect bite to stop itching & reduce swelling.
4. Put 2-3 drops on a minor burn to decrease pain.
5. Drop Lavender oil on a cut to stop the bleeding. (Such a wonderful and natural way to treat a cut without using harsh chemicals).
6. Mix several drops with V-6 Vegetable Mixing Oil and use topically on eczema and dermatitis.
8. To stop a nosebleed, put a drop of oil on a tissue and wrap it around a small chip of ice. Push up under the middle of the top lip to the base of the nose and hold.
9. Rub a drop over the bridge of the nose to unblock tear ducts.
10. Rub Lavender oil on dry or chapped skin.
11. Rub a drop of Lavender oil on chapped or sunburned lips.
12. To minimize the formation of scar tissue, massage on and around the affected area. Ladies Lavender is the Essential Oil of choice for stretch marks
13. Rub 2 – 4 drops over the armpit area to act as a deodorant.
14. Put a drop between your palms and inhale deeply to help alleviate the symptoms of hay fever.
15. Rub several drops of Lavender oil into scalp to help eliminate dandruff.
16. Place a few drops on a cotton ball and place in your linen closet to scent the linens and repel moths and insects.
17. Place a drop of Lavender oil in your water fountain to scent the air, kill bacteria and prolong the time between cleanings.
18. Place a few drops on a wet cloth and throw into the dryer.
19. Put a drop of Lavender oil on a cold sore.
20. Diffuse Lavender oil to alleviate the symptoms of allergies.