1. Rub 4-6 drops in the palm and rub over stomach and around the navel to relieve indigestion, flatulence and diarrhea.
2. Add Peppermint to herbal tea to aid in digestion and relieve heartburn.
3. Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue and inhale into the nose and sinuses to relieve congestion from a cold.
4. Mix Peppermint oil in a footbath to relieve sore feet.
5. Rub several drops of oil on the bottoms of the feet to reduce fever.
6. Apply Peppermint oil topically on unbroken skin to stop itching.
7. For poison ivy or poison oak, apply Peppermint oil on location neat or dilute with V-6 Vegetable Mixing Oil.
8. Rub Peppermint oil on joints to relieve arthritis or tendonitis pain.
9. Massage several drops on the abdomen to relieve nausea.
10. To relieve a headache, rub on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses (stay away from the eyes) and on the back of the neck.
11. To stop hiccups, apply a drop of Peppermint oil on each side of the fifth cervical vertebra (up three notches from the base of the neck).
12. Place two drops of Peppermint oil on the tongue and rub another drop under the nose to improve alertness and concentration.
13. Diffuse Peppermint in the room while studying to improve concentration and accuracy. Inhale Peppermint while taking a test to improve recall.
14. Rub 4 drops on chest and stomach to relieve travel sickness.
15. Massage several drops of oil on an injury to reduce inflammation.
16. Add Peppermint oil to food as a flavoring and a preservative.
17. To deter rats, mice, ants or cockroaches, place two drops on a cotton ball and place along the path or point of entry for these pests.
18. Mix one 15 ml. bottle of Peppermint into a 5 gals. of paint to dispel the fumes.
19. Place a couple of drops in a cup of hot water and enjoy in place of coffee.
20. To kill aphids, add 4-5 drops to 4 ounces of water and spray the plants.
21. Drink a drop mixed in a glass of cold water to cool off on a hot day.
22. Inhale before & during a workout to boost your mood and reduce fatigue.
23. Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue to stop bad breath.
24. Remove ticks by applying a drop of Peppermint oil on a cotton swab. Wait for it to unhedge its head, then remove from your pet.
25. Apply Peppermint oil immediately to an injured area (bruised tissue) to relieve pain. If there is a cut, apply the Peppermint oil around (not on) the open wound.
I'm a Certified Master Herbalist and I can tell you that there are Essential Oils and then there are Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils. The two grades are worlds apart. Whenever possible I recommend Therapeutic Grade Essential oils for healing, nitrifying and treating the our bodies.